Works on: Mosquitos – Fleas – Ticks
- Our standard barrier spray treatment is effective on other pests such as fleas, ticks and some flies as well which makes it ideal for not only kids but pets as well.
- When you contact Dogwood Lawns for mosquito control, a trained technician will treat your yard with an effective barrier spray that eliminates biters for 21 days. Using a backpack sprayer designed for precise application, your technician targets shrubs and plants with a barrier spray that kills mosquitoes on contact and bonds to foliage, where it acts as a mosquito repellent for weeks to come. Within 30 minutes of spraying, your yard is ready for family and pets to come out and play.
- We also inspect your property for active larvae populations and treat them accordingly. Your technician will help you identify potential mosquito breeding grounds in your yard and recommend ways to eliminate standing water. These notes will be left on the post-service door hanger at the end of the treatment. Every three weeks, our team will return to treat your yard to ensure that the barrier we create stays strong and so that new mosquitoes don’t start breeding.
- All of the barrier spray chemicals we use are synthetic forms of pyrethrins called pyrethroids. Pyrethrins are insecticides that are derived from a naturally occurring compound called pyrethrum found in the chrysanthemum flower. Pyrethroids are used in numerous commercial products that consumers use to control insects such as household pest insecticides, pet shampoos and sprays, and even lice shampoos applied directly to the scalp.
- All mosquito control services can be scheduled at your convenience, whether you are at home or not. As long as your property is accessible, you can trust your technician to let you know your yard has been treated.